The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA), an international organization based in Wageningen, The Netherlands, has an opening for an intern for a period of 6 months, renewable only once. The intern will work as a member of the CTA “Policies, Markets and ICTs” Team. CTA’s mandate puts emphasis on facilitating access, exchange and dissemination of information in the fields of agriculture and rural development. The “Policies, Markets and ICTs” (PMI) Programme and its ICT for ARD sub-Programme play a critical role in the realization of the above.
The intern will assist in supporting theARDYIS (Agriculture, Rural Development and Youth in the Information Society) project, other youth related tasks as well as ICT for rural development activities for ACP countries.
Under the guidance and supervision of the relevant ICT4D Programme Coordinator, the intern will perform the following tasks:
a) Supporting the implementation of the ARDYIS project and other youth related tasks:
- Animation of the project’s web 2.0 spaces (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and website, notably by sharing agricultural opportunities as well as ICT for agriculture opportunities;
- Facilitation of youth exchanges on those issues, notably through the management of the project mailing lists;
- Assistance for the organization of the second edition of the Youth in Agriculture Blog Competition (YoBloCo Awards)
- Assistance for the management of the SOFIA project;
- Assistance for the organization of other youth activity implementation (publications, workshop, training, etc.)
- Contribution to reporting and evaluations.
b) Contribution to other ICT for development activities:
- Support for the implementation of activities on ICTs in agricultural value chains;
- Assistance for the organization of web2.0 training
- Other tasks as requested by the supervisor or the Programme Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Recent graduate, 22-29 years of age;
- Graduate from university or a similar institution of higher education in agriculture, sociology, information and communication or related field;
- Knowledge of ICT for development and agricultural development issues;
- Experience in website update; the knowledge of the Content Management System Joomla is a plus but not mandatory (training can be provided to the intern);
- Familiarity with African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries is a plus;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the Centre’s two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other working language of the Centre;
- Strong computer skills;
- Excellent communications, interpersonal skills and organizational skills;
- National of either one European Union member state or of one of the 78 ACP states.
- Start date: November 2013;
- Duration: 6 months (renewable once);
- Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands;
- Medical coverage is provided for the duration of the internship;
- International travel, if required, will not be covered by CTA;
- Internship stipend.
Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at the international level.
Qualifying candidates are invited to forward before 31 August 2013.
- One-page motivational letter explaining why he/she qualifies for this position;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Scanned copies of academic qualifications;
- Two letters of recommendations and / or references.
Interested candidatesshould submit the documents listed above to email@example.com(with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org) and enter the following text in the email subject field: [ict4d internship application].
More information on CTA:Pascal Deleu CTA – Head of Administration & Human Resource Department (Acting) Ref. HRD PO Box 380 6700 AJ Wageningen Tel: +31 (0) 317 467100 The Netherlands Email:email@example.com Source : CTA Website