DEADLINE- May 24 2014
IHAV conference is a project-based conference which will gather from across the globe, 100 outstanding and innovative African youth visionaries and 10 inspiring leaders and change champions to discuss topics of global relevance, and come up with sustainable projects particularly directed at improving quality of life in Africa. At the conference, participants will be taken through several workshops, discussions, debates and talks to challenge them to not just be problem identifiers, but providers of sustainable solutions. Participants will also be tasked to come up with feasible and sustainable solutions to a stated problem.
Target group for conference participants
1. Age 18 to 28
2. African youth all around the world
Venue And Date For Conference
Accra – Ghana from 30th July 2014 to 2nd August 2014
24th February, 2014 – 24th May, 2014
Criteria for selection and participation in conference
1. Must have completed or be in a recognized tertiary institution (polytechnic, training school, university, etc, any course of study).
**** Exceptions will be made for brilliant youth who could not proceed to the tertiary level.
2. Must fill out an application and submit an essay on a given theme.
3. Innovative and enthusiastic youth who can identify challenges and needs around them, and envision sustainable solutions.
4. Must be ambitious, disciplined and a team player.
1.Accomodation for the nights of 30th July, 31st July, 1st August and 2nd August 2014.
2.Meals and snacks during conference
While the conference, accommodation and the majority of the meals will be covered by the IHAV Foundation, it is suggested that participants budget conservatively to cover costs which are not covered by the conference.
Outside costs which are not covered by IHAV Foundation could include the following:
1.Additional meals, snacks, drinks, alcohol not provided
2.Sightseeing and shopping.
3.Travel to and from Accra, Ghana.
4.Transportation and accommodation outside of the conference dates.
To register click on this link