Show your interest by posting photo(s) related to soils on #Instagram as the Food and Agriculture organization of the United Nations launches the “#soils4life Instagram contest”
2015 is the international year of soils, and soils are at the centre of global attention. FAO is highlighting the importance of sustainable soil management as participants are encouraged to share photos related to soils, its potential, its functions, and also instances of exploitation or abuse to help draw attention to the myriad of issues concerning this valuable resource.
How to participate:
- During posting, state where the photo was taken and why you think soils are important for a healthy life while also including the hashtag #soils4life.
NB: Don’t forget to set your account to “public” to have your likes counted!
- In the first round of the contest, the 20 photos with the most likes on their Instagram account will be selected for a second round of voting.
NB: Other social media channels do not matter for this contest!
- The final 20 photos will be featured on the @UNFAO Instagram account and a photo album will be shared on the FAO webpage.
- During the second round, people will vote on the FAO Instagram account the three out of twenty best soil photos will be selected.
- First stage of the contest: 2nd April – 17th May, 2015.
All photos posted during this time with #soils4life hashtag will be eligible.
- Final counting for likes will take place on the 17th of May where 20 finalists will be selected and their pictures posted on the FAO instagram account the following week.
Finalists will be contacted by the FAO social media team for further information.
- Second stage of the contest commences on the 25th of May, 2015.
- Three (3) most voted photos out of the twenty (20) photos selected on FAO’s instagram account will be announced on the 15th of June, 2015.
* The social media team in FAO will contact all winners for their high resolution photos as well as for information on where to deliver prizes.
NB: There is no limit to how many pictures you can post! Prizes for the three winners will include an International Year of Soils goody bag to be delivered directly to the winners*.
Join in the awareness of Soil importance. Spread the word!